Act away the summer months! Click here for the Summer Semester Camp & Class Schedule.
Beck Center offers a variety of theater education opportunities for children, teens, and adults!
We provide a curriculum that presents a variety of approaches and methodologies to aid the beginner as well as the experienced actor in discovering their true ability. Our esteemed Youth Theater program is one of the longest-running programs in the country, with four fully-produced titles performed on our stages each season.
The 2016-2017 Youth Theater season presented by the Mort and Iris November Philanthropic Fund.
Our 2016 – 2017 season brings a classic and beloved children’s story (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland) , a world premiere comedy (Aargh!), a contemporary horror classic from our teen theater (Carrie the Musical) and a nostalgic celebration for children of all ages (Schoolhouse Rock Live!).
Theater Education Information
Theater Alum Making News
Beck Center’s Theater Education training is as eclectic as the students who study with us. Each semester we offer a selection of “core” classes to choose from that focus on theater fundamentals – acting, dance, improvisation, and singing – along with unique electives to expand each student’s repertoire, such as Shakespeare, Mime and Clowning, Playwriting, Script Analysis, to name a few.
- Rory O'Malley is the new King George in Broadway's red-hot HAMILTON - read his interview with Entertainment Weekly here!
- Learn about Rory's experience at Beck Center from cleveland.com "The theater community, and especially the Beck Center, really embraced me and got me started." - Rory
- Timothy Ryan Hickernell chats with Cleveland19 News about his film and Beck Center experience
- Isabela Moner stars in the hit Nickelodeon series "100 Things to do Before High School"
- Michael Chernus talks about his cable television role and Netflix series. "I learned a love of acting and craft at the Beck Center." Read full Plain Dealer article here.
Private Coaching is available for ages 10 to adult. These sessions are intended for the serious theater student to enhance skills and prepare material for auditions and/or college applications. To schedule an appointment, call Jonathan Kronenberger, associate director of Theater Education at 216.521.2540 x27.