Theater EducationIntro to Audition & Rehearsal Process
Beck Center offers a variety of theater education classes for children, teens, and adults. Our esteemed Youth Theater program is one of the oldest programs in the country.
- SUMMER CAMPS ARE HERE! Click here for Theater Education Camp information.
- Tickets are on sale for Youth Theater Education's production of OLIVER! May 15-24
Beck Youth Theater Alum in the News:
- Rocky River native and Beck Center Youth Theater alum Michael Chernus talks about his new cable television role and Netflix series. "I learned a love of acting and craft at the Beck Center." Read full PD article here.
- Beck Youth Theater alum, Tony Award-nominated Rory O'Malley talks about his experience at Beck Center - and now with Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence, "I spent a lot of my time growing up at the Beck Center....I'd be in plays there, and I'd get there an hour or two early, just so I could be there, where I felt safe and where I belonged." Read full article here.
- Youth Theater alum Isabela Moner's Nickelodeon series "100 Things to do Before High School" was just picked up for 26 episodes!
Beck Center’s Theater Education training is as eclectic as the students who study with us. Each semester we offer a selection of “core” classes to choose from that focus on theater fundamentals – acting, dance, improvisation, and singing – along with unique electives to expand each student’s repertoire, such as Shakespeare, Mime and Clowning, Playwriting, Script Analysis, to name a few.
We provide curriculum that presents a variety of approaches and methodologies to aid the beginner as well as the experienced actor in discovering their true ability!2014-2015 Youth Theater Season
Private Coaching is available for ages 13 to adult. These sessions are intended for the serious theater student to enhance skills and prepare material for auditions and/or college applications. To schedule an appointment, call Jonathan Kronenberger, associate director of Theater Education at 216.521.2540 x27.